Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sorry for the delay dear readers!

It has been a mildly busy week, I have had several new drinks. Some were delicious, others less noteworthy. At any rate I'll jump right to it.

As I mentioned last week, I went to an import liquor store called Yamaya. I reviewed two of the three beverages I picked up there. The third, and probably best of the lot is called Yebisu. It has a very crisp somewhat light taste, though not a light beer. It would be easy to drink a larger quantity of this beer, and generally the price permits it too.

The next two beers were Barrel Lager Beer, and Suntory "The Premium Malt". With the former being somewhat better. The lager beer was somewhat dull in taste and nothing really great to write about. The Suntory beverage was somewhat better. Though not much different then a regular Suntory beer.

The fourth beverage in the picture above is a bottle of Fentiman's Victorian Lemonade.  Why is there lemonade in the beer blog? Well apparently it is alcoholic, though ever so slightly. I bought it, thinking it sounded familiar. Indeed I had heard about it before on The Colbert Report. It was pretty good overall. Lemonade with a little bit of a bite. Not bad.

The last and most delicious beverage on the list I acquired unexpectedly. While going out to dinner with my girlfriend and one of her friends, the gentleman who was treating us to dinner bought a bottle of local sake. We each had a sip of the sake and it was by far the best I've ever had, it was called Shimizu-no-mai. The particular kind we had was called Pure Dawn. It was super smooth, I couldn't taste the alcohol at all, and being around 15% that says something of the amazing quality of the sake. I'm curious to see how others line up with this local drink.

Anyway readers, that's all for now. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment